Wheatgrass is one of the healthiest substances on the earth and quickly gaining popularity for its tremendous health benefits. Health benefits of wheatgrass juice are so high that it's a must for you to include it in your regular diet. Wheatgrass is a nutrient-rich grass believed to provide numerous health benefits. Along with the natural wheatgrass there are many wheatgrass supplements available in the market in forms of tablets, capsules and liquid extracts. Wheatgrass juice is a fast and sure way to cleanse our bodies of environmental pollutants. Therefore, wheatgrass is a very effective natural cleanser that helps to detoxify the liver, eliminate toxic heavy metals from the bloodstream.
More about Wheatgrass: Wheatgrass Nutrients
Wheatgrass is the young grass of the wheat plant that is harvested at the time when the nutrients and minerals contents are at its peak. Wheatgrass contains high level of Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K and Vitamin B complex (including B12). Also rich in calcium, cobalt, germanium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, sulphur, and zinc. Adding to these, wheatgrass juice contains 17 types of amino acids. Proteins are made up of amino acids, which are essential to proper digestion and assimilation of foods, immunity against disease, rapid healing of cuts and wounds, proper liver function and regulating our level of mental awareness. Find out more of wheatgrass health benefits below.
Wheatgrass and Chlorophyll
Wheatgrass is mostly chlorophyll - about 70%. Chlorophyll has a very similar molecular structure to haemoglobin, the molecule which carries the oxygen in the human blood stream. Chlorophyll has been shown to help boost haemoglobin production and thus help the body carry more oxygen in the blood. Chlorophyll also has been shown to provide some protection from carcinogens by strengthening the cells.
Here are the major health benefits of wheatgrass and Wheatgrass Juice:
- An Energizer: Wheatgrass and wheatgrass juice increase the energy level. Drinking wheatgrass juice can make you refreshed and energized throughout the day.
- Builds Blood: Haemoglobin molecule in human blood and the chlorophyll molecule in wheatgrass are very similar. This similarity helps human body to transform chlorophyll into haemoglobin increasing the red blood cell count. Chlorophyll builds blood cells quickly and also normalizes the blood pressure. Thus it is very good to reduce anaemia.
- Detoxify: Wheatgrass has great cleansing capabilities. Because of wheatgrass is a great source of Vitamin, B, C, E and beta-carotene, it helps to destroy and eliminate the free radicals. Regular consumption of wheatgrass juice is great for detoxifying of the lymphatic system.
- Weight Loss: Complete nutrition in wheatgrass relieves your body of cravings resulting in the reduction of unnecessary over eating.
- Anti-Cancer: Wheatgrass works as powerful anti-cancer agent. Chlorophyll and beta-carotene in wheatgrass juice help to prevent cancer. According to a study by University of California, wheatgrass helps to reduce side effects during chemotherapy.
- Anti-inflammatory: The high alkalinity properties in wheatgrass are very good for the people suffering from inflammatory ailments, like osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Good for Skin: Chlorophyll in wheatgrass is very good for the treatment of various skin diseases. For first and second-degree burns, the use of chlorophyll has been established as an outstanding aid. Chlorophyll also reduces the foul odour associated with burns.
- Eliminates Body And Breath Odours: Wheatgrass juice reduces body and breath odours. It is very effective to nutrilize the odour form physical exercise, menstrual odours, and also from food, beverages, tobacco etc.
- Body building: Amino acids are building blocks of protein. Wheatgrass juice contains high amount of amino acids that are great for body building.
- Immune system: Wheatgrass and wheatgrass juice, both are very good to build strong immune system.
- Anti-Bacteria: Wheatgrass creates an unfavourable environment for bacteria. Regular consumption of wheatgrass juice prevents bacterial growth.
- Mental Problems: Wheatgrass is very good to prevent any mental problems and Alzheimer's disease. Regular consumption will greatly help to prevent Alzheimer’s disease and any other mental problems.
Other Health Benefits:
Wheatgrass is a good food for promoting good sleep. It is also considered as a helpful element to prevent tooth decay. Wheatgrass juice is very good for the digestive system and prevents blood disorders as well. Wheatgrass is also an effective anti-diabetic natural food.
Important Facts about Wheatgrass
Although, wheatgrass is generally considered safe and known for providing health benefits but there are few research studies about wheatgrass, so it's difficult to assess such health claims. Also in some cases, consumption of wheatgrass may cause nausea, headaches, hives or swelling of throat.
| Related and Recommended|
18 Points Health Benefits of Celery
Recent studies have shown us that celery is just not another vegetable but it contains high amounts of therapeutic properties. It is basically an herb that provides us many health benefits. Celery is a strong source of many important flavonoids and anti-oxidants. In Indian traditional medicine Ayurveda, celery plays very important role to cure many disease including cold, flu and indigestion. Recent research showed, celery is a wonderful source of anti-inflammatory properties as well...